Great news! Daniel is starting SOON! Our prayer is that God would prepare all our hearts and minds for this study; will you join us in that prayer? If you participated in “Lord, Teach Me to Pray”, you will be glad to know that God has already been preparing you with what you have just learned! If you are new to WOW, do not worry, this a great place to start, in fact, there is really no “bad” place to start when you are studying God’s Word! Rest assured we are in for an exciting ride in God’s Word! Here are some details for you to note.
Kick-off for the Daniel study is February 28th from 9:00 – 1:00. Please eat breakfast before you come. We will have a snack and drinks available for you; however, we will not have lunch together. Hopefully, you can fuel up enough in the morning and then have a few snacks to get you through until you get home! Daniel will then continue on Monday evenings, March 9-May 18 from 6:30 – 8:30. Fellowship starts at 6:00 and we start promptly at 6:30.
Just to prepare you ahead of time, this study is “session-driven” which means that the DVD is important in your homework for the week. It will not be a “wrap up” of what you learned in your daily homework, it will be the catalyst for your week of homework. The first DVD session will be shown at the kick-off on February 28th. It goes without saying, but we will say it anyway, IT’S GRRRREAT! (shamelessly quoting a famous tiger (it was as close as I could get to a lion)) We do realize there may be things which will prevent you from attending various sessions, so we offer a make-up night, or you may borrow a CD to listen to. We are going to try to be more organized this time with the CD’s as we sometimes lose track of them.
What will you need for the study?
1) Bible, of course
2) Index cards
3) Your white 3 ring binder from previous studies, or a folder to keep extra papers, guidelines, mission/vision, names and addresses etc. (if you did not ever receive , a white binder from us before, ask us for one!)
Things that you might want to have….
1) Colored pencils or highlighters
2) Journal or small notebook
Well, that’s all for now, get ready for an adventure! If you have any questions or concerns just give us a call.
Love, Pam and Lisa
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The date is marked on my calendar and I am already looking forward to being together again. I was afraid I would suffer withdrawal last night but it turned out we attended a memorial service. Of course it wasn't the same as being with "the girls" but as we celebrated the life of a friend it was good to spend another Monday night hearing God's Word and seeing evidence of Him at work in the lives of his people. NOW I KNOW IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT ME AND THAT MEMORIAL SERVICE WAS NOT PLANNED AROUND MY SCHEDULE, but I do have to admit that I chuckled a bit to myself as I thought that God is faithful - I am not as disciplined as I know I should be, so I have been asking God to give me that "nudge" when I am tempted to be lazy - God was not going to allow me to spend a Monday night without setting aside time to be in His Word and with His people. I wonder what He has planned for next week?
I will be praying as you continue to organize and prepare for Daniel. I will also be praying for God to open each woman's heart and mind to receive and act upon what He shows each one of us. May He be glorified!
Post a Comment