Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Gift Ideas

Tis the season...so here is a few Christmas ideas for you to leave that legacy!!!!

1. I buy Nativity Sets for my grandchildren. I have bought Brennan and Isaac a couple and Claire is getting her first one this year! Fisher Price has such a cute one! I buy ones they can actually touch and play with.

2. I bought Claire a Hallmark ornament that is like an Advent kind of thing. I can't remember the actual name of it, but you can find it. I am told the ornament with the book is not a great thing to buy as they "water down" the story.

3. I also had a recommendation from Esther Burroughs when we went to Asheville. It is called the Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name. I bought one for Isaac and one for Claire. Brennan sometimes reads to his brother, so he will be reading it too. Mom is getting one for her grandkids too.

4. I bought Brennan a Kay Arthur Bible study called "Discover 4 Yourself Children's Bible Study Series: Jesus in the Spotlight" (John Chapters 1-10) It is for 8-12 year olds.

5. Another idea for some older kids:
  a. Christian Music that matches their style, so you can introduce them to some stuff that they may not know exists. Lots of choices out there!
  b. Devotionals that are age appropriate
  c. A new Bible with study notes. They have so many Bibles out there that have a lot of extras and that are 'cool looking'.
  d. A Bible study...again look for one that is age appropriate, and maybe offer to make dates with them to go over it together.
  e. A Biography on a missionary (for older kids, maybe in college.)

OK, so I am out of suggestions..what are some of yours? Leave a comment so we can all share.

Don't forget to look at the post regarding the challenge we issued our last night of Measureless Love. What a great study to end with for the year...Christmas is always a great reminder of His love for us!

Love you all, Merry Christmas!

No comments: