Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year



Happy New Year!
You know how it goes, new year,new resolutions, new promises, new beginnings. We start out so hopeful, full of excited anticipation and hoping that this year will be better than last year! Then, what happens? We get disappointed, disillusioned, frustrated and sometimes even depressed about how the "new year" is panning out. I usually don't make a "resolution" for the new year because I already know that I won't stick with it, and hey, why put that kind of pressure on myself???:) Well ladies, this year, I am resolved to do some things to change my life, and this time they have nothing to do with losing weight, getting organized, or whatever, this year, I am resolved to have a "Jesus Year". I was on Beth Moore's blog the other day and she posted a challenge to all of us "siestas" for the new year. She is inviting women to memorize 2 scriptures a month. But hold on....that's not all! If you are not good at memorizing, the other option is to find the scripture of your choice and meditate on it. That's not so bad is it? Filling our minds with scripture,whether we are able to completely memorize it or not is never a bad thing. God will honor that effort. However, if you do memorize it, you will have 24 Scriptures dancing in your head and heart. Ready for any challenge that comes your way this year. She stated she wants a Jesus year and at the date of this writing, over 3,000 women agreed with her! Mom and I both signed up on her blog and posted our first scripture. On the 1rst and 15th of every month, you are to post your scripture, name city and the version you chose on her site when indicated. It is amazing to see all that scripture in one place. Are you up to the challenge? If you cannot sign up on Beth's blog, why not get a bunch of your friends or your family, or , husband to join in with you. Beth always encourages index cards and accountability, so don't do it alone. Let me know if you need help or need me or Mom to be your accountability partners. As you see in the blog, I have managed to post the picture of Dee's beautiful artwork. This prayer can be continued as we not only study the Bible, but as we meditate on our scriptures. Mom also adds to not only give her understanding but that the Word would get into her heart. Don't forget to pray before you read your scripture! We would be glad to help you ring in the new year with Jesus. God bless you sisters in Christ, and Happy Jesus Year!
Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My first verse: Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer being watchful and thankful.
I decided to start out with a short one to get myself started. I am already thinking of my next one!
Hugs, MomPam