Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Perfect Storm





What a weekend! I don't know where to begin! I know you all feel the same! It was not a weekend without its little glitches, but then, what would life be with out them? Our morning started off with a startle as one of our dear ones realized she forgot her ticket and had to go back home for it. God knew what he was doing when He told us to meet at 8 am instead of 9 am. And then there was the too cold/too hot moments on the bus. They really need to redesign their ventilation system! Then there was the infamous Wendy's run Friday night. I will never complain about service around here again; that was unbelievable! I did not sleep...only a couple of moments did I doze. But....the wonderful outweighed the little annoyances. The music, the worship, the teaching, the fellowship, the surprises, a proposal! what more could we ask for? Our God was faithful again. He gave us a beautiful mountaintop experience on the hills of Pittsburgh. I pray that Beth's teaching on the Perfect Storm will continue to roll around in our heads and hearts and continue to minister to us. Here is a wrap up of what we learned from Acts 27.


1. Sometimes we're in the exact spot where several storms collide.


2. The question of fault always arises in a furious storm.


3. The titanic temptation in a storm is to give way to it.


(give way to to the force of God who is in control of the storm)


4. To make it through the storm, sometimes we've got to cut some ropes.


5. Our one life can invite the favor of God to many in the storm.


6. On the other side of a perfect storm , the serpant is all bite and no venom!


7. The point of every perfect storm is to see the work of God through us: unhindered.




Some other points I jotted down...without being able to press the back button on my DVD remote it was hard to write as fast as she spoke.




"Be blown by the spirit, not by the storm


Let the winds and the waves do their very worst, but I will still make it to Malta.


We behave how we truly believe


God used this storm to have one that brings life not wrath, favor for all, instead of one person incurring the wrath of God. (ie Joah)


Be the one in the storm to be used for faith and favor, not a fit!


Take care of your physical body during a storm, tend to your spirit and your body.


God can sometimes require the expertise of pagans for His own people to be delivered.


When you are in constant suspense, you need to hold on to some truth! Find 10 truths in Scripture and jot them down on index cards to remind yourself of what is absolute truth. Memorize them, say them out loud! 2 Tim. 1:12


Spiritual warfare is 2 powerful forces coming together, the heavenly and the evil (cosmic collision)


He is a God of restraint.


We have a problem with thinking too small, not thinking too big.


Don't settle for a pond when He wants us on the sea.


Who am I without my stuff?


Keep up your courage, do not be afraid, take on the voice of God's Word personally!"




Mom and I want to thank all of you for your patience and love to us. You were a great group of women to spend this weekend with! I look forward to more.


Have a WOW summer!
Lisa

No comments: