Friday, October 2, 2009

Feeling Down

As you can see from my title, I am feeling a little overwhelmed and defeated. Our family has been under attack so to speak. I am using that wonderful verse a lot lately that goes something like this..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." In fact right now, I am relying soley on His strength right now. I pray that when we get on the other side of all this mess we are in right now, that I will be stronger in the Lord, repentant, and more like Christ. I have a long way to go, but times like these will surely speed up the process. So, ladies, if we seem a little off or we are not measuring up to your expectations, we do apologize for that, but we also know that everything happens for a reason, so we will not be defeated. This study is going to be so powerful in all our lives, don't be surprised if the enemy decides to mess with you! You just mess right back with the Sword of the Spirit and don't give up!!!! Do not let him win. "He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world"! Let's pray for each other daily for strength, wisdom, discernment and perserverence.
Love to you all, Lisa

2 comments:

Pam said...

Ladies, those of you who have been with us in the Word for a while,will remember the "Believing God" Five Statements of Faith:
God is who He says He is.
God can do what He says He can do.
I am who God says I am.
I can do all things through Christ.
God' Word is alive and active in me.
I'm Believing God!!!
His is the Victory! The enemy is defeated!
Love and Hugs,
Pam

Pam B said...

How I missed everyone this evening! This week's lesson just screamed at me! Seems God brought this lesson to me for "such a time as this." I'm sure many can relate, seems the battle is being waged over many of our heads right now. To those who seem to be in it right now, God gave me a verse last night that was exactly what I needed: "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for you work will be rewarded." - 2 Chronicles 15:7
And as for my prayer request for the PCC - I will be taking the young client for an ultrasound tomorrow morning. Please pray as she is still very abortion vulnerable.
I am so blessed by the love shown by each of you. Love you all!