Saturday, March 19, 2011

Long Time, No See

I am still certain that I am writing to myself, but just in case there is one person out there dying to read my next blog, well, this one's for you! But seriously, we have one week left of "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things" and let me tell you, it has been a journey. One that I will coninue on for the rest of my life. So much to think and pray about and let "sink in". I am still wrestling with some of the challenges Beth presented. But, the last week of homework is just the right medicine the doctor ordered! I am awed over and over again by the patience, mercy and grace bestowed to us by Almighty God. I believe He protects us in a lot of ways from really truly grasping how really really big and powerful He is because I am convinced that we would not be able to utter a word, walk a step or even think a thought other than that amazing fact. We would be obsessed with the fact that a God so huge and powerful would actually acknowledge my existence, bother to care about me at all and for heaven's sakes, allow me to breathe another breath! But, as we find in Scripture, He does, and so much more than we can imagine. Although Paul writes that he wants us to "grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled t othe measure of all the fullness of God" (Eph. 3:18-19). I am convinced that we can only grasp a small bit of that, hopefully more and more knowledge of it every day, but nonetheless, not enough to knock us on our knees and not be able to utter a sound. We need to read God's Word, and let it get to our marrow as Beth says, let get in deep and believe it! Oh how I pray that for myself! God is GOOD! HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES YOU! This is enough to live on.

So, that brings me to our next study..."The Inheritance" again by our familiar teacher, Beth Moore. We previewed the first DVD session last night and you will absolutely LOVE IT! Although this is a NO HOMEWORK study, you can certaily dig a little deeper with it during the week! She throws out several Scripture references for us to look up and ponder, plus she did throw in a memory verse! It is not a big one, so don't panic! I hope you can join us for the 9 week study about our Inheritence in Christ, it is a perfect next step after our last study!
We start on April 4th!

Enough for now sisters....Love  in the Holy, MIghty, Powerful Name of Jesus Christ!

No comments: